At Memorial Hospital of South Bend, we believe that spirituality and faith can play an integral role in the health and well-being of our patients — and that for many, it can serve as an important part of the healing process.
Our theologically and clinically trained chaplains are committed to providing compassionate spiritual care to all Memorial patients, families or staff. We honor the diverse religious, spiritual and cultural preferences of everyone entrusted to our care. We can also work with the clergy of each patient's personal faith community to help extend the network of support beyond Memorial's walls.
In-patients at Memorial Hospital may dial "0" from the room phone and request to have a chaplain paged. Our regular hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our main office may also be reached at 647-6477 or 647-6990.
Chaplains are available to do the following:
- Address emotional and spiritual concerns
- Provide sacraments and/or prayer
- Discuss ethical / end-of-life issues
- Help with Advanced Directives
- Meditation instruction for stress relief
- Access the "Compassionate Companion" or "No One Dies Alone" program of volunteers