2011 Expo for Women
At the Century Center in downtown South Bend
Friday, March 4, 4-8 p.m.
Saturday, March 5, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Admission is $7. Advanced tickets are available for $5 at Martin’s Super Markets and Key Bank.
Memorial Hospital Pavilion Women’s Expo 2011
Memorial Pavilion Highlights
- Daniel Howell, Ph.D., Keynote Speaker, “The Feet of a Woman”
- Book signing with Daniel Howell, “The Barefoot Book”
- Complimentary foot massages for 3 hours following Daniel Howell’s presentation
- Stage presentation – “Great Foot Massage for Women”
- Stage presentation – Greg Bennett, “The 7 Habits of Healthy People”
- Spirit of Women Award Presentation
Memorial Medical Group (MMG)
- Information about MMG
- Jason Grove, DPM – free foot screenings
- Daniel Kinney, M.D. – stage presentation on Childhood Obesity
- Pediatric BMI Screenings – Navarre Pediatrics
Memorial Advanced Cardiovascular Institute & Leighton Heart & Vascular Center
- Information, What’s My Risk
- Free ABI screenings (Screens for blockages and plaque in the arteries of the lower extremities)
- Sean Halleran, M.D., FACC – stage presentation on Sudden Cardiac Death
Memorial Regional Breast Care Center
- Free manual breast exams
- Gift with each exam
Memorial Regional Cancer Center
- Display information about new cancer center
Memorial Childbirth, Mother/Baby and NICU Units
- Information on services offered at Memorial
- New, online classes
Memorial Health Discovery Center
- Talk with a Health Professional
- What’s My Risk
- Health Information
Home Care and Mar Main Pharmacy
- Blood Glucose Screening (non-fasting)
- Mini Home Care Store
- Services offered at Mar Main Pharmacy
Memorial Outpatient Therapy Services
- One-on-one with a physical therapist
- Stage presentation – Women’s Health Issues
Memorial Sleep Disorders Center
Memorial Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Center
- Adult BMI Screenings
Daniel Howell Bio:
Daniel Howell is an Associate Professor of Biology at Liberty University where he teaches human anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. He earned his Ph.D. in biochemistry from Virginia Tech, and has performed biomedical research at Duke University Medical Center and McGill University in Montreal.
Howell is an advocate for barefoot running, barefoot hiking and basically just barefoot living. He is author of “The Barefoot Book,” which uncovers important details about how your feet contribute to overall health. Known as “The Barefoot Professor,” Howell has hiked barefoot for years, ran thousands of miles barefoot and will often be found going barefoot for days or weeks at a time.
Over the past few years he’s done considerable research on shoes and foot biomechanics and discovered that shoes are harmful to our bodies. Howell has been interviewed by The Washington Post, MSNBC and Popular Science.