- Sunburst: Fitness Event of the Summer
- May 23, 2011
The fitness event of the summer, the Sunburst Races, are on Saturday, June 4. To generate enthusiasm for the race, this year’s Sunburst Expo on Friday, June 3 will feature world famous marathoner Bill Rodgers and the nationally known and locally based BMX team, Solution Action Sports. The Expo will be held at the College Football Hall of Fame from noon until 8 p.m.
- Memorial First in the Region to Offer Echocardiograms with High School Sports Physicals
- May 23, 2011
Physicians from Memorial’s Sports Medicine Institute and Memorial Advanced Cardiovascular Institute have teamed up to provide specialized echocardiograms and EKGS for those with certain risk factors during high school sports physicals.Read More...
- Memorial Sports Medicine Institute to Assist at Army Combine
- May 17, 2011
The Memorial Sports Medicine Institute will provide trainers and a physician at the Northern Indiana Regional Football Combine at School Field, 528 S. Eddy St., South Bend on May 21, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The event is presented by...Read More...
- Memorial BrainWorks awarded President’s Award from Junior League
- May 16, 2011
The Junior League of South Bend, Inc. honored Memorial BrainWorks with its 2011 President's Award. This award is presented to an individual or organization that...
- Celebrating the Grand Opening of the New Memorial Regional Cancer Center & Newest Location of Michiana Hematology Oncology
- May 10, 2011
Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Michiana Hematology Oncology will celebrate the grand opening of their new shared space on Wednesday, May 11, from 5 to 7 p.m. inside the main entrance of Memorial Hospital.Read More...
- Memorial Medical Group welcomes Kurt Stiver, M.D.
- May 5, 2011
Memorial Medical Group welcomes Kurt Stiver, M.D. who will join Willie Donald, M.D. at Memorial Maternal Fetal Medicine. Together they care for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies at Memorial. Dr. Stiver...Read More...
- Women’s Choir to Celebrate Cancer Survivorship
- April 27, 2011
Memorial Hospital’s “Women In Touch” program will present their annual pre-Mother’s Day 300-Voice Women’s Choir concert on Saturday, May 7 at 7 p.m. at the Century Center in downtown South Bend. Admission and parking is free, and more than 1,500 people are expected.Read More...
- Memorial Hospital of South Bend has Purchased 90-Bed Inpatient Behavioral Health Services of Madison Center
- April 1, 2011
Memorial Hospital of South Bend has purchased three buildings that accommodate approximately 90 inpatient beds and will start a new inpatient behavioral health program as a department of Memorial Hospital. The inpatient behavioral health program will be named Memorial EPWORTH CENTER.Read More...
- Memorial Hospital & Health System Named One of the Nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters
- March 30, 2011
South Bend, IN - March 30, 2011 – Memorial Hospital & Health System was this week named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare.Read More...
The Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals® study evaluates performance in 10 areas:
- Amy Deel named Neuroscience Liaison for Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- March 29, 2011
Amy Deel, R.N., BSN, has been named Neuroscience Liaison for Memorial Hospital of South Bend. Amy formerly served as the Director of Trauma Services at Memorial, and most recently worked for North Central Neurosurgery.Read More...