FREE Head & Neck Cancer Screening
More than 52,000 men and women in the U.S. were expected to be diagnosed with head and neck cancers in 2011, according to the National Cancer Institute. Early detection is when treatment is most successful.
To help find cancers as early as possible, Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial’s Health Discovery Center will offer a free head and neck cancer screening:
- Thursday, April 12
- 3-6 p.m.
- Memorial Regional Cancer Center? (Just Inside the Main Entrance of Memorial Hospital)
- Free valet parking is available
The health care provider will inspect your face, neck, lips and mouth to look for any signs of cancer. Symptoms of head and neck cancer can include:
- A lump or sore that does not heal?
- A sore throat that does not go away?
- Difficulty swallowing?
- Ear pain?
- Swelling under the chin or around the jawbone?
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue or lining of the mouth?
- Chronic sinus infections that do not respond to antibiotics
To register for this free screening, or for more information, please call 574-647-1801.