Memorial Hospital of South Bend, a not-for-profit community hospital founded more than 100 hundred years ago, demonstrates stability in an ever-changing health care environment. Memorial has a long tradition of medical education dating back to 1923. Founded in 1970, the Family Medicine Program at Memorial Hospital is one of the oldest in the country. In fact, it was the 35th chartered Family Medicine Program.
The hospital offers state-of-the-art facilities, a talented and enthusiastic medical staff and dedication to quality care and patient satisfaction.
Memorial was the only Indiana hospital to be named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2005 by Evanston, Ill.-based Solucient®, the nation's leading source of healthcare information products. This award recognizes hospitals across the country that has achieved excellence in quality of care, operational efficiency, financial performance and adaptation to the environment. In 2010, Memorial Hospital earned the national recognition as a Top 100 Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
Services at Memorial Hospital:
- State-of-the-art Emergency Care with Level II Trauma Center status
- Mother and Child Care Center featuring a special care Obstetrics Antenatal unit, spacious labor-delivery suites with hydrotherapy tubs and a Mother/Baby Care Center with lactation support services
- NICU and neonatal transport services
- Memorial Children's Hospital, including a Pediatric Unit, PICU, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Program and an on-site Ronald McDonald Family Room. A new Memorial Children's Hospital building on the Memorial campus is planned.
- Cardiac care, including the full spectrum of non-invasive and invasive diagnostic testing and interventional treatments, bypass surgery, Cardiac Intermediate Care Units and Cardiovascular Intensive Care units all housed in the state-of-the art Memorial Leighton Heart & Vascular Center
- Surgical Services and Outpatient Surgery Center with $79 million surgery expansion opened in 2009
- ICU, CCU and Stroke Units
- Memorial Regional Cancer Center
- Memorial Regional Rehabilitation Center with intensive outpatient pediatric services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Comprehensive Radiology Services, including diagnostic and interventional radiology, PET scanning, CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, angiography, ultrasound and mammography
- Dedicated patient education services at the free Health Discovery Center
Other services available through Memorial Hospital:
- Health & Lifestyle Center, offering a variety of wellness, fitness and health services
- Leighton Center for Senior Health
- Med-Point Urgent Care Centers
- Memorial Center for Occupational Health
- Memorial Home Care
All of these resources are available for a high-quality patient care and residency training experience. Please come visit and see what Memorial has to offer for residency training and for future practice opportunities!