There are no visiting hour restrictions at the Childbirth Unit (CBU). However, for the comfort and safety of all our labor patients, we ask that you abide by the following visitor guidelines during your loved one’s labor and delivery.
- The father or support person is encouraged to remain with the patient.
- Other loved ones may visit at the discretion of the patient; however, no more than four visitors are allowed in the patient’s room at one time (this includes the father or support person).
- All visitors must wear a visitor’s pass.
- For the safety of our patients, the CBU is a locked unit. Visitors will need to use the intercom system to enter.
- For certain medical procedures or situations, it may be necessary for visitors to leave the room. This will be left up to the nurse or physician’s judgment.
- Children under the age of 12 may not visit labor patients.
- Following delivery, children who are siblings of the newborn may visit in the birthing suite.
- Persons with symptoms of contagious illness may not visit. This includes but is not limited to: fever, sneezing, coughing and cold sores.
About an hour and a half after your baby is born, you will be moved to our Mother/Baby Unit. In order to provide complete security to our patients and to promote a safe and memorable experience for you and your family, the Mother/Baby unit has guidelines regulating visitation. Since it is a locked facility, visitors to the unit should use the intercom system when entering the unit. Visiting hours are designed to allow mothers time to bond with their babies in a quiet atmosphere.
Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Siblings are an integral part of the baby’s life and we welcome their visits. Any age sibling is allowed in the unit, but those under the age of 12 must have supervision by an adult other than the patient. We do ask that visitors under the age of 12 who are not siblings please wait until you and your baby return home to visit. This helps limit the newborn’s exposure to possible illness during the critical first few days of life.
Childbirth Center visitors may park in the Lafayette Street parking garage. Parking will be validated for the patient's support person. For others, there is a small fee.
- The first 15 minutes is free.
- $1 for 15 minutes to 1 hour
- $2 for 1 to 3 hours
- $4 for 3 to 6 hours
- $6 for 6 to 8 hours
- $8 for 8 to 24 hours