The American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care. Accreditation of a cancer center is granted only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in cancer diagnosis and treatment and are able to comply with established CoC standards. Receiving care at a CoC-accredited cancer program, like Memorial Regional Cancer Center, ensures that you will receive:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering a range of state-of-the-art services
- A multispecialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available
- Information about cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on cancer type, stage, and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in care.
Memorial Regional Cancer Center is very proud to be accredited through the American College of Surgeon, Commission on Cancer with Accommodations.
The American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) sets the defining standards that are indicative of high quality care in Radiation Oncology. Accredited facilities are evaluated to ensure:
- Proper personnel on staff
- Proper safety equipment readily available
- Equipment calibrated and inspected properly
- Thorough and accurate documentation
- Treatment program in accordance
Memorial Radiation Oncology Center is proud to be awarded accreditation as of May 2010.
The Memorial Regional Breast Care Center has been designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. This designation is awarded only to facilities that have received accreditation by the American College of Radiology in stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, and by the ACR or an FDA-approved state accrediting body in mammography.