Medical Transport Services
At Memorial Hospital of South Bend, we offer high quality, rapid transport services to help accommodate the needs of patients throughout Northern Indiana, Southwest Michigan and other surrounding areas.
Transfer Direct is a 24/7 call center dedicated to safely and quickly accommodating patients who are in need of rapid transfers.
- Transfer Direct understands that emergencies can occur day or night, which is why callers are guaranteed 24/7 service to speak with one of our transfer coordinators.
- Our transfer coordinators will organize patient transfers, arrange for specialty care transport teams and facilitate physician-to-physician communication with Memorial’s medical staff.
- Arrangements can be made for ground transportation through Memorial's Pediatric Intensive Care transport ambulance as well as air transportation to ANY hospital through MedFlight.
Transports to any hospital
When lives depend on rapid transport, Memorial MedFlight is ready to answer the call.
- Our highly trained medical staff specializes in rapid transport for both pediatric and adult patients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Whether the need is for a scene response or an inter-facility transport, you can rest assured that Memorial MedFlight will provide the knowledge and expertise needed for optimal patient care.
- Download and view our MedFlight medical transportation forms:
Medical Necessity Form (PDF)
- Click here for more information about Memorial MedFlight.
- For MedFlight response to any incident scene, call toll-free 866-939-5317.
Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of critically ill children and their families by providing high quality pediatric care through rapid inter-hospital ground transport.
- A member of our transport team is available 24/7 to quickly and safely facilitate the care that your pediatric patient needs.
- Memorial Children's Hospital’s pediatric-dedicated team is comprised of a pediatric critical care experienced registered nurse, a pediatric trained paramedic and a respiratory therapist.
- Our transport team serves the local community as well as surrounding communities within a 100 mile radius for inter-facility transports of critically ill or injured children.
- In addition to our transport ambulance, the PETS team collaborates with the MedFlight crew to offer pediatric nursing expertise for children under the age of 10 who require helicopter transport.
- Click here for more information about PETS.
We specialize in providing a multidisciplinary team for the comprehensive family-centered care of the sick neonate.
- Medical control is available 24/7 to quickly arrange for the care that your newborn patient is in need of.
- The Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Transport Team at Memorial Hospital of South Bend transports an average of 100 patients per year by utilizing three specially equipped ambulances.
- Our specialized transport team is under the direction of a Neonatologist, and team members are comprised of a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, a specially trained NICU Registered Nurse and a specially trained respiratory therapist.
- Download and view our NICU medical transportation forms:
- Click here for more information about the Newborn Intensive Care Transport Team.