- Greg Conrad Named V.P. of Newly Formed Beacon Health Ventures
- July 13, 2012
July 13, 2012—Greg Conrad has been appointed Vice President of the newly formed Beacon Health Ventures organization, which includes the home health and professional services division of Beacon Health System.Read More...
- Memorial Maternal Fetal Medicine has been re-accredited by The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- July 11, 2012
South Bend, IN – The Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Council of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine is please to announce that the ultrasound practice of Memorial Maternal Fetal Medicine has been re-accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.Read More...
- Elkhart General and Memorial Hospital of South Bend Collaborate to Offer Special Support for Senior Emergency Room Patients
- July 9, 2012
As one of the first patient care enhancements developed from the affiliation between Elkhart General and Memorial Hospital of South Bend, the two organizations have collaborated to launch a new program in both emergency departments to meet the special needs of senior citizens. Team members from both organizations reviewed senior care policies and procedures and blended the two, benchmarked other enhancements from around the country and launched new procedures.Read More...
- Steven Eller Named Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer for Beacon Health System
- June 25, 2012
It is my pleasure to announce that Mr. Steven Eller has been named Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer for Beacon Health System, effective July 16.Read More...
- Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA) Names Memorial Health System Among Winners of Inaugural CX Innovation Awards
- June 20, 2012
Six Cutting-Edge Winners Announced June 19 at CXPA Members Insight Exchange.Read More...
- Memorial Sleep Disorders Center Receives 5-Year Re-accreditation
- June 19, 2012
Memorial Sleep Disorders Center has been granted a 5-year re-accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). It is the only accredited sleep center in St. Joseph County. As an official AASM accredited Center, Memorial’s program has been proven to provide the highest quality of patient care and improve quality of life.Read More...
- Elkhart and Memorial Hospitals Announce Name of New Parent Organization
- June 8, 2012
Beacon Health System has been chosen as the new name for the parent structure combining Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital of South Bend. The Beacon Health System brand will encircle the existing brands of both hospitals, physician practices, home care companies, urgent care centers, and fitness and wellness programs.Read More...
- Local Athletic Trainer Named CCAC Trainer of the Year
- June 4, 2012
Amy Heiby, ATC, Memorial Sports Medicine Institute’s Head Athletic Trainer at Holy Cross College, was voted the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC) Athletic Trainer of the Year for 2011-2012. Amy currently oversees all 10 teams and nearly 150 student-athletes at Holy Cross College.Read More...
- Memorial Injury Prevention Coordinator Wins Safety Award
- May 24, 2012
Alice Blakesley of Memorial Hospital of South Bend and Safe Kids St. Joseph County was the recipient of the Seventh Annual Connie K. Gibbs Child Safety Advocate Award in Indianapolis. This annual event honors the efforts of individuals and organizations in Indiana who exhibit true dedication to the prevention of injuries and deaths among children.Read More...
- Protecting Our Seniors in Michiana conference brings professionals and the community together
- May 2, 2012
SOUTH BEND – The Gerontology Consortium of Michiana will host their fifth annual gerontology conference on Thursday, May 31. The event – open to healthcare professionals, families, friends and the community – takes place from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. in Vincent Hall on the Holy Cross College campus. The conference will explore a wide array of topics related to ways in which seniors can be protected from potential financial, emotional or physical abuse and neglect.Read More...