Memorial EPWORTH CENTER
Memorial EPWORTH CENTER is the inpatient psychiatric care division of Memorial Hospital of South Bend. Memorial has been the medical cornerstone of Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan for more than 100 years with a strong commitment to improving the quality of life for those in the region. At Memorial Epworth Center, we’ve combined the leadership support from Memorial Hospital with specially trained behavioral health specialists to build the leading community resource for inpatient mental health care in the region.
To contact us:
- Inpatient referrals/admissions (all ages): 574-647-8400
- 420 N. Niles Ave., South Bend, IN
Areas of Care
- Multi-disciplinary psychiatric treatment for adults age 18 and older, as well as older adults. Inpatient care is required when patients are dangerous to themselves or others, when they are gravely disabled with an acute psychiatric condition and when treatment in a lower level of care is not safe.
- 24-hour care and assessment
- Diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric conditions such as Depression, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorders, Schizophrenia and others, as well as older adult related conditions, including Dementia
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Individual and Family therapy
- Care directed by board-certified psychiatrists (M.D.)
- Additional support from other disciplines including nurse practitioners, psychiatric nurses, mental health technicians, social workers and certified recreational and occupational therapists
- Clinical program accredited by The Joint Commission
- Care offered in a restful setting along the banks of the Saint Joseph River